If you don't find the answer to your question here, please feel free to reach out!
Mold detection dogs have been shown to have an accuracy rate of over 90%. With their intense training and keen sense of smell, mold sniffing dogs are currently one of the most accurate inspection methods available.
That depends. If you want to know which species of mold you have, or what the levels are, then we suggest you pair our mold inspection with one of the more traditional testing methods. However, a mold dog inspection provides all the information your remediator needs to take care of the problem.
To a certain extent she can. She doesn't give quantifiable results, but depending on her body language, we can get a general idea of the size of the problem.
It depends on the size of your home, but on average it takes about 3-4 hours. We pride ourselves on a thorough and methodical mold inspection, and making sure all of your questions are answered.
Again, it depends on the size of your home, as well as where you are located and if there are travel costs. Please reach out to us at email@example.com for a quote.
We do! Most of our clients are in the San Francisco Bay Area, but we travel frequently to Southern California, as well as within the western states including Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas. If you're in another location and are interested in a mold dog inspection, let us know and we'll see if can work something out.
There's really no such thing as dead mold, there is viable and non-viable mold, and yes, Bagel can detect both kinds.
Non-viable mold is not dead mold. It's either active or inactive. Non-viable mold is simply inactive mold. Think of it like hibernation; it's waiting for the right conditions (temperature, moisture, food, air) so it can become active again. Non-viable mold doesn't release mycotoxins, but because it's dry, it's more prone to become airborne where it can be inhaled or find a new location in which to colonize. We hear a lot that an inspector has declared an area mold-free because the moisture meter didn't show moisture. But a moisture meter can only detect one thing: MOISTURE. The results of a moisture meter are only helpful if it shows moisture, as there is a high likelihood of mold in that area. If it doesn't show moisture, there could be non-viable mold from a previous water intrusion that has since dried out. You want to remove both viable and non-viable mold, as they both are harmful.